3. Being away makes your heart grow fonder: They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. Making time to get away from what you are used to in life builds a new sense of appreciation for your home.
4. The food: Let's face it. Traveling is the perfect opportunity to pig out on new and exciting foods. Traveling allows you to get away from the food you eat everyday and your towns local fast food for awhile. Remind your senses of all the different things the world has to offer. This is a perfect opportunity to open your mind to different cultures and see what their favorite snacks are.
5. Remind yourself what you want out of life: Getting away from college and family can help give you and your mind free thinking time. Traveling is the best way to allow yourself to put the world into perspective. Without people at home telling you what you should do with your life, this is a time to think on your own. Remind yourself that life is short and you can be free to explore and make the most of it.
6. Put away Pinterest: On Pinterest, some of the most popular tags involve traveling and exploration. Looking at the pictures and dreaming of going to these beautiful places will not fill the same sense of exploration as actually going and experiencing them with your own senses. Make it a goal to culture yourself and your senses and actually go make memories at the places you dream of seeing.
7. You can always make money...you cannot always make memories: No amount of money is worth not experiencing new adventures. Think about it this way. Have you ever heard someone say, "Wow I wish I had not traveled to Hawaii and saved that money instead." People think back on their experiences and want to relive them. This allows you to tell the stories that few can tell.
8. Get out of your comfort zone: The farther you go, the more you find out about yourself. Traveling allows you to get out of your comfort zone to figure out the things you are comfortable with that you did not even know. You might be more adventurous than you think, but before you take on an adventure how would you know?
9. You won't regret it.
All images courtesy of Unsplash.